Still trying to get rid of spyware and your full-time antivirus is not able
to help you this time? Maybe you should try some dedicated products designed to
identify and remove malware infections.
Such a software is Anti-Trojan Elite, a security solution that was
designed to find and erase spyware from your computer. It targets trojans,
worms, keyloggers and provides the ability to terminate suspicious TCP
The interface is probably the thing that may disappoint most users, as the
application's looks may give the impression it is unfinished. The main functions
are, nonetheless, at hand, easily accessible from the side menu.
Anti-Trojan Elite has a pretty good feature list and it boasts some additional
tools besides the one that's supposed to find and remove spyware. For instance,
you can repair Internet Explorer if there's something wrong with it, perform
backups, fix registry keys, optimize the system or manage the running services.
The main function, that of identifying and removing malware, has several types
of scans available. During our tests, however, we found the scanning process to
be rather lengthy when inspecting only the process memory and the partition
where the operating system is installed.
Overall, Anti-Trojan Elite comes with a decent set of features that, besides
malware detection and removal, includes useful registry monitoring, backup and
network management. The scans may take a while, but as a complementary utility
it can prove its worth when used alongside your regular, full-fledged antivirus
Here are some key features of "Anti-Trojan Elite":
- Disk and memory scan supported.
- Real-time malware firewall.
- Compressed files (RAR ZIP CAB) scan supported.
- Backup module: Backup trojan files before killing.
- Network Manager. View the tcp/udp states and the processes they belonged to.
User can disconnect any tcp connection and stop the opposite process.
- Process manager. View the processes and its DLL modules' information. User can
terminate any process and unload any DLL module.
- Internet Explorer and registry repair utility.
- Updating online supported, and auto check updates when ATE starts.
- Real-time registry monitor utility.